California is the nation's most populous state and can boast of the following:
- An unemployment rate 3 percentage points higher than the national average.
- An illegal alien population over twice the size of any other state's illegal alien population.
- A shortfall of funding that has closed 30% of California's state parks.
- A shortfall of funding that is resulting in the termination of thousands of court employees and closing of dozens of criminal and civil courtrooms.
- Insufficient funds for maintaining California's enormous prison population, resulting in the early release of thousands of felons.
- Over 30% of welfare recipients in the United States.
And what steps have elected officials in the state capitol in Sacramento taken this month, to address the Golden State's myriad problems?
Legislation making California the first state in the nation to make the use of tanning beds, by minors, illegal:
Legislation making Calfornia the first state in the nation to offer college financial aid to illegal aliens: