Barack Obama visited El Paso yesterday and spoke strongly in support of his desire to award residency rights to millions of illegal aliens. He stated that great strides have been taken to secure the border and, therefore, in his view, it is time to provide a "pathway to citizenship" because he has certainly upheld his end of the bargain (A portion of the President's speech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okGm2KEKLdw).
Naturally, Mr. Obama was working hard to appease a largely sympathetic audience and, therefore, didn't take questions from individuals who disagree with his assessment of conditions in the U.S., near Mexico. Further, staff members from DerailAmnesty.com were not present yesterday in Texas, however, were we ever granted an opportunity to speak to our chief executive, here are ten questions we'd love to hear him answer:
Mr. President, if the border is so secure ...
2. How did Border Patrol Officer Brian Terry lose his life at the hands of armed members of a Mexican "rip crew," while he was performing his job on American soil?
4. Why did the Government Accountability Office just release a report stating that less than 45% of our border with Mexico is under control?
6. Why do dozens of ranchers, who live miles north of the Mexican border, repeatedly testify when called upon, that large groups of crossers routinely traverse their properties, often times breaking into homes in search of food and water? Are they lying?
7. How did bullets from a recent gunfight in Juarez wind up striking buildings on the University of Texas, El Paso campus? (http://www.ktsm.com/second-bullet-may-have-hit-utep-campus)
9. Why have numerous current and retired border patrol employees supported Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever's claim that border patrol officers have been encouraged to chase away illegal crossers, rather than taking them into custody, in an effort to drive down apprehension numbers?